Monday, March 25, 2013

NEW ZEALAND - DAY 9

Welllll I'l be!!!  I had a realization this morning.  I bought some New Zealand Lemon Apples our first day here.  The first bit was a bit tart so Virgil finished it for me. The next morning I fried the second one for breakfast and it was really good so I bought more.  We have had fried apples almost every morning.  BUT today it hit me.

I was at the market the other day and a couple of ladies were talking about some knitted items for sale.  They were pink, white, green and lemon (yellow).  Each time they referred to a yellow item, they called it lemon.  So - my aHA moment - New Zealand Lemon Apples  are not "lemon" apples, they are YELLOW apples - or what we would call Golden or yellow delicious!  No worries mate.  I'll figure things out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers