Tuesday, March 26, 2013

NEW ZEALAND -DAY 9

Tuesday, March 27

Aha!  I had an AHA moment!  I had purchased some New Zealand Lemon apples.  I was curious to see if they had a lemony flavor. They were definitely tart, but they weren't quite ripe.  I found that I could fry them and even without sugar, they made a nice breakfast side dish.  Then I remembered a conversation I heard at the little market.  Two ladeis were discussing the colors of some knitted items - pink, white, green and lemon.  Yup - New Zealand Lemon apples are YELLOW apples or the same as our Golden Delicious.  No worries Mate.  I'll figure it all out by the time we leave.  LOL

So, today we went to Taupo.  To drive from Turangi to Taupo is to drive along the edge of Lake Taupo.  Lake Taupo is 216 square miles.  It is absolutely beautiful.







As we got in to Taupo, we stopped at the Taupo Museum.  Virgil didn't have Mel to coax him, so he stayed in the car and napped while I went into the museum.  It was interesting.  This area has a rich history in timber and fishing.  Trout were actually introduced by the Europeans.















I was too curious about what a SUPERloo was.  I new it was a restroom, but wondered what made it super.  It was very nice inside and had showers.  I didn't want to pay 50 cents to go in though.

Next stop Huka Falls.  A lady at the beauty shop said - pronounce it Hooka - like a prostitute.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers